Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jana Story

So, I was snuggling with Jana before bed and I was playing with her hair, which was all stuck together.

Mama: "Yucky, you've got gunk in your hair."
Jana: "No, mama. It's hay."
Mama: "How did you get hay in your hair?"
Jana: "The horse spit it in my hair."
Mama: "What?"
Jana: pausing between each word "The. horse. spit. it. in. my. hair!"
Mama: "O-kay. Where were you when the horse spit it in your hair?"
Jana: "At the zoo."
Mama: "When did you go to the zoo?"
Jana: "You were at work."
Mama: "Oh really."
Jana: "Yah. There was a biiiig truck, with a huge trunk like this (like an elephant trunk). It was scary. And it had goggles on."
Kara: (in the background, starting to cry because I had just taken away her new swimming goggles) "A gobbles. A want 'em. A gobbles."
Jana: "And the horse went ppppppt (mocking spitting). And I said, 'stop it. I don't like that.' But he spit hay again. So, I struggled (motioning like she was playing tug a war with something) with him, but he spit hay again."

Ummmm. Okay.

Guess we don't need to worry about whether Jana has an imagination!

No comments: