Sunday, April 13, 2008

My girls!

I'm always looking for opportunities to get pictures of the girls together. However, what I'm discovering is that they will have a cute moment together and then by the time I get the camera off the counter, they are done and Jana is off doing something else.

There was an adorable moment the other day when Kara was lying on the floor and Jana was leaning over her. Kara started laughing hysterically and then Jana started laughing too. I wanted a video of it so badly, but couldn't get the camera out fast enough.

Even when I do get the camera out, it's so hard to get both girls looking at the camera or sitting still at the same time.

We have been able to get some cute pictures of the girls together this month.


This is one that is slightly cheating! This is actually part of a larger picture with Gama, Gapa, the girls and Arianna, but I love this one of the girls (and love Gama and Gapa's camera, because I can zoom in this far and still have such a high quality photo!).

I had to make a quick decision about whether or not I wanted video of this or pictures. The video would have been adorable, but I'm not sure that I could have gotten it set up fast enough to get this. Dada had just come home from work and got down on the floor to play with Kara, who was giving him huge smiles and giggles. As soon as he leaned over Kara, Jana climbed up on his back. Kara thought it was hilarious and was giggling up a storm as Jana was "Climb, climb, climb"ing up Dada's back.

Yesterday was so gorgeous here. It was our first 70+ degree day since the fall and, in fact, it was 80 degrees. So, we had a wonderful time playing outside while doing yard work. Since we were cleaning out the backyard, we pulled out the wagon that spent the winter catching leaves for us. :-) Jana immediately climbed in, despite the pile of leaves and the 8-legged inhabitants. I convinced her to let me clean it out and then she climbed in again. She insisted that Kara sit with her.


Then we needed to go for a walk!

And finally, we had to capture this moment. Dada was dressing Kara in her room after the bath and Mama was dressing Jana in her room. Without any consultation, both girls were dressed in their Seahawk jammies. (Thanks Auntie Sarah and Uncle Patrick)

But as usual, they refused to sit next to each other. This was the closest we could get, but most of the pictures we did get were more like these.


We're finding we are getting more outtakes than good shots these days! :-) So the life of a toddler goes! I'm sure it's only going to get worse.

3 comments:

Jen said...

ahh they are sooo cute! We have soo many pics similar to the last few LOL

Kristi Ann said...

Awww....LOVE them!!

They are certainly adorable!!

Hope you are well!~

S said...

Such sweet girls you have! I have to laugh because I read your post this morning about the hot weather...what did you think of the weather yesterday? Snow in April? What the !?*& LOL