Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cousins

Having missed out on growing up with cousins, I am so excited that Jana and Kara have cousins (and will have more cousins) that are around their ages to play with and grow up with.


It's so much fun. Jana LOVES Tyler and he's so good with her. We heard a consistent refrain of Jana yelling "Ty-dah" and then Tyler responding with "Jaaaaana." And one of the two running after the other.

Here are the boys playing in the backyard during Jana's birthday party. Tyler is almost 4 and Justin just turned one.
I am also impressed with how much Jana looks up to Tyler. She doesn't get the privilege of eating at the little table normally because she doesn't sit still. However, with the influence of Tyler, she sat and ate at the table with Tyler... and didn't get up.


After eating cake, Jana insisted on sharing Tyler's chair and climbed up with him.

But the special connection doesn't end with Jana and Tyler.

Kara was fascinated by Justin and he was quite interested as well. It'll be fun to watch them grow up, since they're only 4 months apart.



I have learned so much in the last few years about how invaluable family is. We're so blessed to have all these amazing people in our girls' lives.

2 comments:

S said...

I love that Adam has older and younger cousins too! It's so wonderful!!

Jen said...

I couldnt agree more! I am so happy we chose to move back to my hometown near my family. I am glad your girls are able to be close to family.