Thursday, October 4, 2007

So Busy!

When people ask the ages of my girls, they look at me with either a look of astonishment or sympathy. My response is always the same: "We're busy, but what a wonderful reason to be busy!"

This week we had two play dates, pictures, lunch with a friend, errands, and a trip to see trains with Grandma and Grandpa E, Gramps, and the train club. Whew, and I wonder why I'm wiped out today.



Jana's so full of personality these days. It can be challenging at times, but it's also so wonderful. It awes me to watch this little being becoming a person before my eyes. I feel so blessed to be home with her and watch the transformations each day.

She wants to be a big person so badly.

She loves to sit at her table in the kitchen like a big girl. She would rather sit there than in her seat at the kitchen table these days.

That is unless, she can sit at the table and pound on Daddy's computer.

She has learned how to get onto the couches and loves to sit there and play with her toys.

We have also gotten her a potty. She's to the point of letting us know when she has gone in her diaper, so we thought we'd give it a try. Unfortunately she's also in a phase where she likes to carry everything. So, right now the potty ends up all over the downstairs. As you can see, it ended up on poor Maiya's bed. She does like to sit on it, but carrying it seems to be her favorite thing to do with it.



I'll do my best to scan in the pictures that we had taken, so you can see them, but at least you can see their outfits for them. I'm not really into the matching outfits (I'm not sure why, but oh well), but LOVE to dress them in coordinating outfits. These aren't great shots, but at least you can see their outfits.



Here's us yesterday at the PNLS park. They had actual little trains that you could ride on. Jana loves "doot, doots" so she had a blast riding on it with Grandpa E. She even insisted on going a second time. (Oops, can you tell I love this outfit? She's in it again.)

Kara, who has yet another cold (poor baby), was happy to be all snuggly with Mama.


Or getting cuddles from Grandma E

Jana also discovered a John Deer tractor. She LOVES tractors right now. She sat on this for probably 20 minutes. She loved trying to turn the steering wheel and pushing buttons (hope we didn't do any permanent damage) :-)

While she loved the train rides and the tractor, I have to say that her favorite part was meeting a puppy. There was a 9 week-old dachsund pup that loved Jana and Jana cried when it was time to leave him. They were adorable together and I know Jana loved that he was her size (unlike Maiya - who Jana is trying to climb onto these days).


One realization we've made lately is that our DVR is always full. We have lots of shows we'd like to watch, but no time to watch them. If the girls are awake, why waste that time in front of the TV? Cuddling is far more fun.


Here are the girls this morning - just for fun.

(Thanks Uncle P and Aunt S for the adorable skirt. Who would have guessed that even though she outgrew the shirt at a year old, the skirt would now fit and even be too big?!?! hee, hee)

(Thanks Grandma and Grandpa S for the cute jumper. We got so many compliments this morning at church about how cute Kara is in it.)

1 comment:

S said...

They are both just adorable! I love seeing Jana do big kid things! Whenever Adam does stuff like sit on the kitchen chairs or the couch, it just makes me smile.

I'd love to get Adam his own table and chairs but I think Mr. Neat Freak Shawn would have a freak out LOL