Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kara Mae is 5 months old!

Oh my wonderful baby girl!

I love those gorgeous blue eyes that sparkle when you smile and laugh and that great big gummy smile.

Kara's getting so big; it's amazing. She seems to be growing up so much faster than Jana, but I doubt that's the truth.

She discovered how to roll from back to front today! The first time she did it, she cried because she was stuck on her tummy. Once I rolled her onto her back again, she promptly rolled to her tummy again, and then happily hung out on her tummy - exploring the world from her new perspective.

We're still having sleeping issues, which is about to drive me batty. I have no idea how I can help her, because she is so tired, but can't let herself sleep.

She's spending much of her time riding around in the baby bjorn these days. I feel badly because she's in there so often, but I guess it's not a half-bad way to see the world.

In the Baby Bjorn at the train park.

In the Baby Bjorn at the pumpkin patch.

Jana just adores Kara - it's the sweetest thing. Jana hates it when Kara's sun shade is down in the car and she can't see "Sissy." She has to show Kara off to everyone that comes around and introduces her as "sissy" with such pride - it's so sweet. And Kara just watches everything that Jana does. Jana's pointing out the dog to her before we head out for a run.

Here are some pics of our adventures this month and how big Kara Mae is getting.


Hanging out with Gramps.

We just had a blast at the pumpkin patch.

Chillin' with some ghosts.

"Look where? But I'm given great big smiles to you, mama!"

Teeter-tottering with Mama.


Swinging with Mama- (but watching big sis).
"Look Mama, I'm flying!"

Even helping me out while shopping for apples - she's holding the bag for me.

I'm not so sure how much crawling we're going to get out of her. She LOVES to stand. She's so strong - I barely have to hold on to her and she'll stand for quite a while. So, it's not a big surprise that she loves her exersaucer. (but we still have to stuff a blanket around her middle to keep her from leaning too much

No comments: