Thursday, October 18, 2007

Language Explosion

Everyone kept telling me that there is a "language explosion" once they being to talk.

Holy cow, she's hit it.

First she brought me a small board book this afternoon and said "Wiggo." At first, I had no idea what she was saying, but then I looked down at the book. It was one of her Wiggles' books. NO WAY!!!

During dinner, she came out with "yeddo" (yellow).

Then when we were looking at books before bed she correctly identified Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet.

Then as I was going through an ABC book and she was standing in front of me - looking at the book upside down. She flipped back a few pages and correctly identified "O". She repeated most of the letters as I said them, but then when I said "P" responded with "D". I started to say, no P when I realized that she was looking at the "P" upside down - which forms a "D". We were floored, to say the least.

She then picked up a shape book and went through all of the Pooh characters. When she got to Owl, she started saying "hoo, hoo." We haven't read Seuss's "Mr. Brown can moo" in weeks, which is the only place I can think of where she has heard that owls say "hoo, hoo". ARE YOU KIDDING? I'm amazed.

Then she pulls out a small stuffed "Roo" and she starts saying, "bounce" and bouncing it up and down.

I'm just awed by my little girl! She's becoming such a big girl.

1 comment:

S said...

it's amazing what they come up with, isn't it? Adam remembers things that were said weeks ago and will suddenly repeat them. I'm afraid he's been storing up information and will be spewing out too much information very soon LOL