Saturday, June 7, 2008

Just when you think you're doing well...

those darling children have a wonderful way of reminding you to not take yourself so seriously and to have a laugh.

If you've ever been in my house, you know that we have a half bath downstairs. If you've ever tried to use this half-bath in my house while my darling Jana is around, you know to lock the door. Why you ask? Because she loves to barge in, and despite the obvious, ask "What you doing, Mommy" (or at least that is what she asks me).

So, as most parents learn quickly, if you're spouse isn't home and you don't have any guests, you just leave the door open! It saves the game of opening the door, asking "What you doing?" and closing the door, just to have it opened and asked again.

So, the other day, I'm feeling pretty good; I have the girls, dressed, fed, and happily playing. After a chorus of "What you doing, Mommy?" my wonderful, precious child snatches the roll of toilet paper and runs out of the bathroom. (I don't know about anyone else, but having a roll of tp on the dispenser, well, doesn't stay on the dispenser, but ends up on a pile on the floor - too much fun for a slightly devious 2-year-old.) Thank goodness I'm anal retentive enough to put the extra rolls in a drawer within reach. No harm, no foul. A good laugh, right?

Then, I hear Kara giggling. If you know Kara, there are only two reasons for her spontaneous laughter: tickles or Jana.

And it was...

Jana. In fact, this is what I came out of the bathroom to find.

Oh the joy of discovering the fun of tping! Too bad I had to steal as much of it back from Kara, as quickly as I could, since she was trying to eat it. Ewwww!

Please note Jana hiding in the background, covered in her blanket - as if I can't see her - saying "oh no sissy! Bad sissy!" (Apparently we need to watch our use of "bad dog" because she's seemed to have picked up on the meaning of the word.)

While I know already that we are faced with many, many years of not knowing who's the guilty party - I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint this one! Thanks though, Jana!

1 comment:

Angela said...

That was hilarious! So glad you got pictures of that.