Friday, April 17, 2009

Jana's 3 years and 2 months

This month has flown by and I realize how few pictures I have. :-( I guess that's what happens when I'm working and not around the girls all the time.

We're adjusting to a new schedule, a new routine, and a lot less time together. I miss them like crazy, but I can't wait for this summer!!! 7 more weeks!

Jana's started gymnastics at preschool and is loving it. Her teachers say that she is really "active" at gymnastics. I don't know if that's the codeword for a pain in the behind who doesn't listen or if that just means that she does everything. :-)

The adjustment has been hard on Jana. The first week, she didn't want to come home from school on Tuesday (Tuesdays/Thursdays are my short days, so I pick them up after lunch and they nap at home). Mama got her feelings hurt when Jana threw a fit because she didn't want to leave, but it's better now that she's in a routine and knows what to expect each day. We don't think she naps at school and works hard to not nap on Grandma and Grandpa's on Fridays, so by the weekend she's a bit worn out.

Watching a tv show. Oops!


Jana and Kara are playing together more and more. It's amazing how much Kara's vocabulary has grown in the last few weeks, which has made it easier for them to communicate and play together... except when Jana wants Kara to do something that Kara doesn't want to do. And I quote Jana, "I'm a little bossy!"
We think that Grandpa introduced the idea, but Jana's been very into "tea parties" and picnics.

Some days Jana insists on dressing herself, but others she'll let Mama choose. Here was a day she dressed herself. She insists on "matching", so I was lucky to talk her out of the pink pants, but she kept the pink shirt and pink headband. That girl would dress in head to toe pink if she could, but she was pacified when I pointed out that the pants had both the light pink and dark pink. She decided they matched, so it was okay.
This was last Thursday and in the driveway at my friend's house that watches Kara. I put Kara in the car and went back to the front porch to grab the stroller. This was what I came back to... Jana was sacked out and a sweaty mess by the time we came home (it was in the upper 60s that day and that's a warm blanket).

As you can tell this blanket is very special to Jana. This was her special blanket for sleepy time at school, but she's a bit attached to it now, so it goes to Grandma and Grandpa's on Fridays, and then she sleeps with it all weekend too. :-) Here she is at the Tulip Farm all cuddled up in it to stay warm (for the 30 seconds she decided to ride in the stroller).

Jana has a think about anything "new." She even refers to things as new, such as "this is my new blankie, Square Blankie," which she's been sleeping with for about 6 months. Also, anytime she gets something new, she must wear it right then. For example, last Friday Grandma gave all the grandkids their matching Easter outfits for them to wear to the Tulip Farm. Jana insisted on wearing it and stripped down in the middle of the livingroom to put it on.

So proud of herself.
(We won't mention that the step stool is against the back of the couch because Grandma and Grandpa let them climb up the stool, climb over the couch and slide down the side, only to run around and do it again and again and again...)

I know I posted this picture the other day, but I love this picture. (I can't believe I just wrote those words about a picture that has me in it, hee, hee!) Snuggling my big lovie!


Another one of Jana's habits that has become extremely common this month is Jana being a "bag lady." Jana loves to find a bag or some kind of container, fill it with as much crap as she can find (toys, cooking utensils, ziplock containers, spoons, etc.) and carry it around. Here is our bag lady on Easter, who quickly filled her bag with all of her Easter "goodies", Kara's Easter goodies, and even some of baby cousin Ari's. She carried that around and was extremely protective of it if anyone came near it.


Jana sitting on the couch with her "goody bag" and Figaro. (Maiya's vet gave this stuffed cat to her about a year ago and since she discovered a book at Grandma and Grandpa's that is about Minnie Mouse's cat Figaro, she has refered to this cat as Figaro).

I think maybe we tell her she's cute a bit too much because she's such a poser for the camera.

And finally, a new video of her. She begged me to take a video of her and always wants me to "make the pictures talk". So, I started and she turned on the charm. Please note her version of counting to 20... in which she never gets to 20.

No comments: