Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jana's 3 years and 1 month old!

How has it been a month since her birthday already?

Jana's struggling with sleep these days. Ever since the "Binky fairy" came and she gave her binkies to all those babies without binkies, she's had trouble falling asleep. What used to take 5 minutes to settle in and fall asleep with her binky, now takes an hour or two, or Mama lying down with her. Speaking of which, I accidentally started something I wish I hadn't. During the first few days of no binky, Jana wasn't sleeping, so consequently, we weren't sleeping. To help calm her down and bring her out of her hysterical crying, I would lie down with her. But, I was so tired that I would fall asleep very quickly. So, now she won't take naps unless I stay until she falls asleep. Ugh! We've gotten it down to 5 minutes of snuggles at bed time, but I can't seem to get her to take a nap unless I lie down with her.

Jana's doing a great with potty training through the night. She decided long ago that it was a punishment to be in a pull up, so we have chosen not to fight that battle. We have a good system to get her cleaned up and back asleep as soon as possible if she has an accident. It's been maybe once every two or three weeks that she's had an accident, but has pretty much guarenteed getting up at least once a night.

Jana's becoming such a little girl. She loves to wear dresses, have her fingernails painted, and wear her dress up clothes. Her favorite saying right now is "I only like pink and purple a lot."

Here is Jana and her friend Lizzy at their Valentine's Day party. She's really getting attached to her friends at school and her usual "Mommy's my best friend," "Daddy's my best friend," or "Sissy's my best friend" is occasionally being replaced with "Lizzy's my best friend," "Lily's my best friend," or "Janae's my best friend."

Scarfing down ice cream at the Valentine's Day party.
Delivering her Valentine's to her friends at school.

So excited about her Valentine's from her friends.

Making a silly face at Grandpa. Oh, can you see the teenage sass in those eyes already? Yikes!!!

Jana's always loved bubbles, but now enjoys blowing them for herself, not just running after them and trying to eat them. Ewww!

It seems to be getting increasingly more difficult to get pictures of her. I seem to have to bribe her with something to sit long enough to get more than the back of her head.

Fishies anyone?

Jana and Kara's favorite game these days is "chase." They love to chase each other around, but inevitably it ends in tears because either Kara falls or Jana tackles her.

The very cool new developments with Jana is that she's starting to recognize the letters in her name and Kara's name in the signs as we drive down the road. I'll hear "I see a 'J', Mama, like in J-A-N-A." She's also started rhyming. Her favorite saying is, "Mommy, you're a funny bunny, honey."

1 comment:

Jen said...

Adorable! I love the rhyming