Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kara Mae is 2 months old

Since I can't focus on my work and I need to focus on something happy for a while, I'll do this post a day early.

I can't believe my little girl is already two months old. I've started realizing that we are most likely done and that makes me sad, so I try to treasure every moment I have with my baby girl.

She rolled over at about 6 weeks old I thought it was a fluke, but then she rolled over three times in a row at 7 weeks old. We haven't had much since then, but that is mostly our faults. It is so hard to find time to put her down on the ground. Jana has already stepped on her once and poor Kara let out the saddest sounding cry. Jana has no concept of how her actions could hurt, so she is not even remotely careful around Kara. She's gentle with Kara most of the time, but just not careful when she's walking around her.

Kara has started smiling. I love that gummy smile. I've missed gummy smiles. She loves to smile at her daddy, but I get some too, occasionally.

She's an erratic sleeper. Some days she sleeps from 9 pm to 6 am, then 9 am. Other days she sleeps from 9 pm to 1 am, 4 am, and 6 am. Most days she sleeps from 9 pm to 4 am, 6 am, then 9 am. Most days she has been letting me run after the 6 am feeding. Some days it has required her to sleep in the swing in her room (I know, bad me), but at least I can still run.

Here are some new pictures of my baby girl.

Mama and Kara Mae at the park with Daddy and Jana.


Jana and Kara on the floor. Big sister kisses. Kara is thinking: enough with the kisses already.


Mama-Kara cuddles.


Hanging out in the stroller while big sis plays at the park.


Hanging out on the patio, AWAKE, watching big sis play on her new swing set.

No comments: