Saturday, November 14, 2009

Catching up!

The last few months have been crazy busy! Dadda and I feel like we're ships passing in the night as he works all day and then I work long days on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then work evenings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and Saturday mornings. Phew! It's crazy, but I have to admit that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my time home with the girls.

I always love the girls, but there are times where I feel like I am deeply infatuated with them, if that makes any sense. I have to say that I am in one of those phases right now and I think everything - okay, almost everything is unbelievably adorable!

So here's a brief synopsis of what's been going on in our lives.

The girls headed to grandma and grandpa's for a special night with them. They were treated to dinner at Applebee's, watched "The Great Pumpkin" and just had a wonderful time playing. The girls played their newest favorite game: Sleep over. Here they are playing it on Grandma and Grandpa's bed... with the whole bagful of friends Jana insisted on dragging over to their house (our little baglady!).

Being silly - Monkey see, monkey do!

The girls love their winter hats and mittens and insist on wearing them... even if we're inside and they are sweating in them.

Here's Jana posing for the camera.

And here's Kara in hers, trying to pretend that she's upset with me for taking pictures. She's so good at that pout!

And the pout continues!

One day Mama managed to be so tired that I fell asleep on the couch after I got up with Jana. I was apparently so out that I didn't hear Kara get up, come downstairs, or raid my bag for the pens I use to grade papers. Here is her lovely art work.
When asked what she had done, "I wote my name, Mama!"

She's now trying to write her name after Jana has taken such an interest in writing.

One day Jana spotted a toy she wanted in a catalog. I told her that she could put it on a list and send Santa a letter for Christmas. She thought that was a great idea and proceeded to grab the paper and crayon out of my hands, with an "No Mommy, I do it!" And she did.

What she wanted were stuffed animals that came in their own soft-sided carrying cases. She calls all stuffed animals "friends" and decided to describe the cases and "suitcases". So here is her letter to Santa. (Yes, I realize she hasn't grasped the concept of spacing yet, but heck, she's only 3!)

"Friends" (or frends, since she sounded it out herself, but made a mistake on her n, so had to do another one)

"Suitcase" (or sootcase as she spelled it and the s and e got a little scribbled since she started to get frustrated).

Then she made Grandpa a birthday card... pretty much on her own. She managed to sound out Happy, but I had to point out that there were two p-s. Birthday was a bit harder, but once she got the t and h, she was good to go!

"Happy Birt"

"hday" (ran out of room)

Then we made an envelope and before I knew it she was writing "To Grandpa", but got stuck on the "ndpa" vs "mpa" part, so I helped her out.

"Too Grandpa" (She insisted it was too because oo says the correct sound, not o)


She's so proud of herself!

Then it was time to make Daddy's birthday card.

"Happy Birthday" She got a little ahead of herself and forgot to finish the happy before starting the B in birthday.

Then on to the inside: "I love you Daddy!"

And then she had to sign it and make balloons.


(Pretty cool for a 3 year old, huh!?!!?!)

Jana also managed to give herself a bit of a shiner, too. She was being silly while getting her jammies on and managed to hit her eyelid and forehead on the way up and under eye on the way down, on an open dresser drawer.


We were fortunate enough to celebrate Daddy's and Grandpa's birthdays together.

But we can't go without commenting on Kara's sense of humor these days.

Awaiting her slice of cake. "Smile Kara"
Say cheese! Maybe I should have just said, be cheesy!


An attempt at a less cheesy smile. No such luck!

Cake please!

Yummy!
"Hhhmmmffff?" (Translated: What do you mean I shouldn't shove it all in my mouth at once?")

No comments: