Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kara Mae Stands!

While Kara has been letting go of things and standing (that is until she realizes that she's standing and then either grabs on again or drops to the floor), we can now say that she stands on her own.

In the last two days, she has gotten pretty good at standing up from sitting, on her own. She's even able to hold it now for 3 - 5 seconds.

Pardon the cloudy pictures. I didn't realize that we had little Jana finger smudges all over the lens.

Is she standing up or power lifting?


Look at our big girl!

She even stayed up for long enough to let the camera recharge and for me to get a second picture.

Another major milestone she's accomplished in the last few days is that she's taken her first steps. Last night she was stumbling back and forth between Mama and Dada, but today she took three solid steps from her laugh and learn house to Mama. Yay!


Now this is completely unrelated, but since I got the picture tonight, I have to include it.

Jana ranged from the 30th to 50th percentiles in height until she was 2, then the 80th percentile at 2. Kara (who started 2 lbs, 3 oz bigger) was around the 50th, but dropped to the 19th at her one year appointment. I just kind of assumed that she was still that small... apparently I'm very wrong.


I was shocked when I compared these two pictures.

Here is Jana one week short of 15 months standing at the kitchen table.

Here is Kara at one week short of 15 months at the same kitchen table. Wow! Go Kara go. I hope you've got some of Grandma's tall genes and not Mama's short genes!

No comments: